Come on, ask any military man out there: “Do you have coins?” Chances are, they’ll present you with two kinds: the first being the type we know which is used to buy stuff, and the second being military coins.
Military coins are, of course, exclusively given to people who have trained in the armed forces. They say it’s one of the ways superiors build camaraderie among their troops by making those who have surpassed challenges or missions duly appreciated. This also explains the custom employed in handing out military coins – the superior or the defeated party shakes the hand of the awardee and places the coin on his palm.
There is no single standard in military coin design. Each unit’s coins can vary from time to time depending on the reason why the coins are being given out. This is why we have custom military coins.
The Basics of Military Coin Design
Troop and unit leaders have the freedom to decide what their military coins should look like, but there are certain specifications that are generally the same with most custom military coin makers. These are as follows:
- The size or diameter – custom military coins usually come in 1.5 inch and 2 inch diameters, with thickness of 1.10 inches, but we at Challenge Coins 4 Less offer coins of up to three inches in diameter, and thickness from 1.5 to 2 inches! For more information, visit our website here.
- The shape – of course, since it’s a coin, a military coin is supposed to be round. But at Challenge Coins 4 Less, we give you the option to choose what shape you really want! Do you want it diamond shaped? Or square? Or dog tag shaped? Fill out our free quote form or dial our toll free phone number and tell us what coin shape you want.
- The colors – Challenge Coins 4 Less uses colors based on Pantone PMS, highly regarded as the international standard for textile and garment colors. We have the Pantone PMS color matching system where you can make sure that the colors you indicate on the free quote form are really the colors that you want. However, there are times when colors aren’t exactly displayed on the computer screen due to differences in screen quality. We suggest you also check out the Pantone website, or visit an art supply store near you.
- The finish – custom military coins at Challenge Coins 4 Less come in four basic finishes: gold, silver, brass, and copper. Once you have decided which finish you want, we can talk about how exactly you want your coins to look like. Check out our online gallery for design samples.
- The extras – would you want your coins to arrive to you in a presentable manner? Or do you want them in another form so that it is not just a coin but something more useful (such as a key chain)? We at Challenge Coins 4 Less can do that for you, with freebies even! Go to our Challenge Coin Designs page for more information.
Can We Have Custom Coins, Too?
Not a military organization but wants coins such as these? With Challenge Coins 4 Less, that is one hundred percent possible! All you have to do is to go to the ChallengeCoins4Less website and ask for a free quote and sample coin art. Take note that this feature is for free! Just fill out the needed details and we’ll get back to you within 24 hours or less with the sample on what your preferred design will look like on a custom military coin.
Need help in color matching your custom military coins? We will assist you with that – for free. If you want alterations, just tell us and we will do the design again – also for free! Once you tell us, “All right, I am ordering,” that’s just the time when you will be paying for services.
And even when you are already being provided with services, you will still be qualified for more FREE options and stuff! This includes free metal styles, free cut options, free molding, and even free packaging! Go to our custom coin options page for details.
ChallengeCoins4Less also gives free shipping for residents of the United States. But the question is what if you notice defects in the end result? Well, we have one bad news and one good news here. The bad news is you can’t cancel the order any more. Now don’t fret yet – we told you there’s also good news! That is, you can ask for a replacement – for FREE! Just make sure of course that you have kept the receipt, and that you report this to us within thirty days upon receiving your custom military coins.